Sunday, September 5, 2010

Oh, great!

Well, you know what they say about Karma...

After a couple of posts in which I lampooned the Glee, I'm looking at wfaa.com and see an ad for an upcoming production at Casa Mañana of The Sound of Music.


With special sing-a-long performance at 7 p.m. September 19.

They mock me.

You see, the movie version with Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer premiered when I was four-and-a-half.  My parents went to see it, and, Dad being an audiophile, I was treated to multiple playings of the RCA Hi-Fi reel-to-reel soundtrack recording.  (Note to youngsters: This was before MP-3 - way before.)  Precocious young minds assimilate repeated exposure to stimulus readily, and for some reason, so did mine.

So much so, that, when Mom took me to the theatre, some time later, in downtown Tulsa to see the movie, I was able to sing along, word for word.

Until I fell asleep.  For which the other moviegoers were probably grateful.


But I still think the dude from Glee singing Burt Bacharach/Hal David's A House Is Not a Home, ostensibly to another guy, is creepy.

No comments: