Sunday, December 11, 2011

Ask Me[n]

This article comes from Ask Men via Fox News, posing the question: "Are we faced with too many choices in modern society?"

I would venture to say that we are, at least speaking for myself.  I have also pondered similar questions regarding the over-saturation of the market share of the mind.

Not suggesting here that people should have their choices limited, but acknowledging that for ADD folks like me, the best approach may be self-discipline to cut to the bare basics and try to live [deliberately] as simply as possible.  It also explains why I don't/shouldn't have cable/dish/FIOS - way too many things to watch - I'd go into meltdown.

I'd be starry eyed from watching Mythbusters, Top Shot, How It's Made, Storage Wars, and Dirty Jobs (I do watch cable at the hotel, having nothing better to do, when I have to travel for work).

1 comment:

aroundthecorner said...

Donald, it seems to me that we have choices everyday, and for him to simplify them into choosing mayonnaise vs a life changing job decision is comparing apples to oranges.
I made a decision 6 years ago (as you did not to long ago) that will forever change my life and it was a decision that I didn't take lightly. I pondered this for two years prior, and when I had had enough, I did it. It changed many lives, not only mine. I have NEVER questioned that decision and never will.
I get where he is going with the article, and I, like you abstain from various things. Although television isn't one of mine, but your point of system overload may apply on various nights :-). Thanks for the article!