Thursday, November 1, 2012

Where's my Zoot suit!

About three or four weeks ago, I bought these nifty brogue/wingtips at Kohl's on sale.  Since I spent quite a bit of time trying to find my size (and customer service checking other stores' inventory), I gently requested to  get the 'additional 30%' discount - which they did.

They turned out to be some of the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn.

Unfortunately, once I got them home, I thought the shade of tan was too light (at the time, they were all one color).  As I happened to have a jar of Burt's Bees Almond Milk and Beeswax hand creme on the desk (hey, if it's good for live skin, it oughta work on dead skin, huh?), I thought I'd darken part of the leather to see what effect might be achieved.


Now, if Jas. K. Wilson Jos. A. Bank happens to be including Zoot suits in their 70% off sale this weekend, I'm set.

'Course, for that style, I may have to look at K & G Menswear...

Click here for the jacket I would wear on my Scottish Highlands hunting estate (to which I would drive in my Morgan 3-wheeler, below).  Elbow patches, I assume, could be added by my tailor.


No comments: