Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Kohl's or no Kohl's?

I didn't receive any Kohl's flyers today, but if I had, they likely would have been addressed to me, and that's OK.  I don't share the dog blogger's angst with the midwestern retailer.

However, like The Todd, I did receive not one, but two, pieces of mail addressed to a woman who has not lived here for over five years.  In fact, the only addressed mail (the rest being third-class bird cage lining) in my box today was addressed to said woman.

You'd think with all the super-computer data mining out there, they could keep track of who lives where.

6 comments:

todd said...

Just skip all the emails, phone calls and letters and go right to screaming at some guy in India. It won't help but it feels better.

Kathleen... said...

Dude, I used to get mail addressed to the TWO women preceding me. Neither had ever lived in my home either. #SMH

an Donalbane said...

@Todd - I could never yell at Johnny 5.

@KW - Ruh-roh! Did Mr. W get a "DW, you got some 'splainin' to do!"?

Yeah, I don't think the data mining is as accurate as it's purported to be. If it were, I wouldn't get emails thanking me for past support of the Zero.

As. If.

Unknown said...

Mass mail marketing gets paid by the qauntity not qaulity. More is better. Accuracy is not relevant because chances are someone will read it and receive the information they're selling.

here endeth the lesson.

an Donalbane said...

Thank you Professor Dew, spelling notwithstanding.

Unknown said...

Oftentimes, it is still worth it to get the mail out regardless. Some items require an actual name and not resident? Either way, do what I do. Mark everything return to sender and have them waste return postage or piss off the local post office in revenge