Saturday, October 18, 2008

Periscope Not Included

Recently, we were treated with this year's Neiman-Marcus Fantasy Christmas catalog - just chock full o' stuff that makes no sense whatever, and that, in all likelihood, even people who have means would not buy. As my friend Todd correctly points out, and encourages others to do, there are better ways to steward one's financial treasures (if you're lucky enough to have any left), such as Samaritan's Purse, and I'm sure a good many other worthy organizations.
One of this year's N-M entries was a really goofy (and uncomfortable looking) carbon fiber/titanium motorcycle selling for $110,000.

Now, I'd like to have a motorcycle, but if I had that kind of money, I could have eleven, which I don't need. Anyway, it was ugly, but the attached photos show what I believe is a close runner up in the 'stupidity' class. I wonder when someone will try to take a fiberglass carousel pony and try to mount it over an S&S V-twin?

One notes that there are no pictures of a rider astride this cat, as it would likely highlight a major shortcoming, namely, visibility.

Wonder if this is the bike of choice for the Black Panthers?