Thursday, October 23, 2008

Pickens, Schmickens - I'm a Patriot

Some of you know that I have spoken, or written, admiringly of T. Boone Pickens' plan to help us (U.S.) cast off the shackles of dependence on foreign energy sources, specifically, crude oil.

No slavish devotee I, I do at least agree that it's more of plan than the current administration or either Presidential aspirant has put forward. And it troubles me not that Pickens would make a few sheckels if certain aspects of his plan find acceptance - someone will always make some money, no matter what energy delivery mode. He's just putting it on the table, it really would be up to everyone to hash out the particulars. Others, and I, have said: Conserve, drill (ANWR), transition fleet transportation to CNG, plug windpower into the grid, and re-visit nuclear in order to wean ourselves from foreign oil.

Anyway, much as I've thought ol' Boone's plan makes sense, I've decided to go another direction.

Today I read an article about alternative energy sources, and I hereby offer my services to the next administration, McCain or Obama, as our Nation's Energy Czar. Under my supervision, I pledge to personally maximize the USA's research and utilization of new, clean, energy sources.

No comments: