Sunday, November 30, 2008

Well, Sometimes I'm Serious

Most of my blog posts are random musings - material that I can't seem to fit in as comments on other people's blogs (for which I'm sure they're grateful).

Considering the current state of the economy, and the ongoing debate regarding the bailout of this or that industry, I had occasion to revisit someone whose writings I used to follow on the pages of the Wall Street Journal.

Graef "Bud" Crystal has for decades researched public companies and their performance and criticized executive pay plans that excessively rewarded too little of the latter. He's amassed tons of databases on the subject, and from reading his articles for some twenty years or so (he's been at it about 50, according to his website), I regard him as an expert. Moreover, irrespective of what I think, he IS an expert.

Anyway, without liberally cutting and pasting bits from his essays, I thought I'd simply put a link to his website, where I believe you'll find some very useful and compelling arguments vis-a-vis many of today's economic issues, specifically those regarding executive compensation.

No comments: