Saturday, August 8, 2009

Lame motorcycle designs

I know many of you read this blog for exciting automotive, motorcycle, and technology news. Heck, if I didn't have access to such restricted sources like MSN, AOL, Motor Trend, and Auto Week, I'd probably do the same.


(Me, before shaving my head and going to bed with my upper torso wrapped in Rogaine and Saran Wrap - just ignore the autograph.)


Word has reached the editorial staff here at Sonnet 116 that Lorenzo Lamas, he of Renegade fame (?), is launching a line of custom motorcycles, leveraging his, um, image from the '90s TV series. (Yeah, based on that show, I went and bought a Yamaha Virago, which sat in my garage for five years, much to the chagrin of the former Mrs.).


(Take that on a road trip, Todd the Blogger)

Now, I don't mean to poke fun [excessively], but, looking at the drawings (not even prototypes), I have to say they're lame. The clean, spare lines of the 'Reno Rocket', above, are æsthetically pleasing, but who in their right mind would want to ride that thing with their tail feathers mere inches from a fat chunk of spinning rubber?

Maybe the line should be called Lorenzo Lâmass Cycles...

3 comments:

todd said...

There's no place to put my tent on that thing!

Anonymous said...

But, also, no windshield to crack...

todd said...

I think I see a squirrel attacking the back of his head.