Tuesday, May 3, 2011

More Random Thoughts

  • Not unexpectedly, rumors surrounding the planning operation to take out OBL are swirling.
  • While some have suggested BHO gave the order to boost his ratings, a supposed insider report indicates that the operation was set in motion not at his urging, but by Panetta, Gates and Clinton.
  • From reports I've watched so far, I think Panetta's & Clinton's stock rises faster than BHO's.
  • And what to make of the $billion$ given annually to Pakistan - for what?
  • If that were put to a [U.S.] national referendum, now that OBL's been taken out, you can bet that country would be cut off from the aid teat in a NewYork minute, by liberals and conservatives alike.
  • Less seriously - I have a report, unconfirmed, that just last week OBL had written Steve Jobs complaining that the tracking features in his new i-Phone were a violation of his privacy.
  • Others say that the Al-Qaeda leader was turned in by neighhborhood kids who didn't like the severed ears and fingers that were given out at Halloween.
  • A co-worker took me to task today for using the word "incredulous" - said I should use language ordinary people can understand.  Now, I could understand if he were unfamiliar with some Bill Safire or Wm. F. Buckley terms like eleemosynary, or internecine.  But incredulous?
  • I couldn't believe it.
  • Tonight I thought about having ice cream drizzled with Kampali (similar to Kahlúa), and some flax seeds.  But instead I made a package of instant oatmeal with an added teaspoon of steel-cut oats from Sprouts.  Heart healthy, ya know.
  • Who says I'm undisciplined?
  • Goodyear is replacing its blimp fleet with three new models.  But it's not merging with Southwest.

3 comments:

todd said...

Huh, huh! You said "teat".

an Donalbane said...

I know, and I still have an elevated pulse two days after writing it...

el chupacabra said...

Hee hee- teat- sorry, my inner 12 year old came out there for a second.

Your coworker needs to get a grip AND a dictionary to read on breaks!