Monday, May 14, 2012

Back to the workweek

  • The weekend weather was great, but it didn't last.
  • The weekend, or the weather.
  • Almost overslept this morning after taking two melatonin tablets before bedtime.  But, I felt well-rested, albeit a bit sluggish mentally. (Please, no comments.)
  • Looks like I'm gonna have to turn in my 'man card'.  I sewed a button on a shirt yesterday, prepared meals for this week, did two loads of laundry, and then ironed six shirts.  I haven't ironed multiple shirts since 1988.  At this rate, I'll be making my own sammiches.
  • Oh, wait, I already do.
  • Dang!
  • Today was a fun lunch at the Genghis Grill.  One of my work colleagues is leaving, so we had a little going-away lunch for her, attended by about a half-dozen others, plus Todd the Blogger and Dew.
  • On the way back to the office, the woman who is leaving (identified as W2 in a prior post) and I identified a strategy for me to meet the woman I mentioned from church (she agrees with El Chupacabra's advice to act decisively). 
  • I finally re-lamped the front porch light today, but had had enough domesticity for awhile, and took 5 other shirts to the cleaners for pressing. 
  • Tomorrow I'm gonna try to regain some of my manliness by fixing the recoil start on the weedeater and welding a repair on the chipper/shredder.

4 comments:

el chupacabra said...

Huh- I may have gotten something right for once?
Supposedly on the melatonin take it a few hours before desired sleep time. It's supposed to improve the quality of the sleep and you have more time for the effects to wear off before morning.

aroundthecorner said...

I also sewed a button on a shirt this past week. Keep the card, sometimes you just gotta do things.

todd said...

What's the strategy for meeting girls? Lowering your standards again?

an Donalbane said...

CK - Will try that.

WW - OK, maybe all is not lost. I still wish I had someone to make me a sammich, though.

RTB - Just call me Limbo Don...actually I was gonna see if maybe S & T know who she is - since she was in the service they attend.