Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Hitting stride


  • Tomorrow's Wednesday!
  • Got my hair cut last night, by a woman,  not by a gay guy.
  • Not that it would have meant anything to me, one way or the other.  A gal at work, we'll call her W3, has a gay brother-in-law who she says does a heckuva job cutting hair.  I don't assume gay dudes are after me any more than I assume hawt women long to bear my children.
  • If a guy were cutting my hair, I'd probably assume he was gay, though, unless he was Floyd the Barber - and who knows, Floyd & Gomer mighta had somethin' goin' on...
Image Detail
  • BTW, I'm not in favor of the gay marriage - to me it's like calling an apple an orange in the name of  'equality'.  They're not the same.  Just because a subset of the population wants to call apples oranges, doesn't make it so.  Shared healthcare & retirement benefits - no problem - let the government and employers handle the details and contract forms.  And let's get government out of the marriage business.
  • I do find it weird that with all the important issues in the world: Potential Euro Zone collapse, the world's ninth largest economy (Gov. Moonbeam's CA) imploding, unemployment, Iran vs. Israel - all subjects on which the current administration is clueless and impotent - that BHO thinks he has a game winner with the GM issue. Just strange.
  • OK, enough of the gay.  Moving on.
  • W2 told me I needed a haircut. I knew that already.
  • Recently, Todd the Blogger asked me if I knew anything about the 'prepper' movement.
  • Though I attended prep school, I have to admit I'm not too much up to speed on the prepper/survival.  He has a link on his blog to the Survival Blog, which looks like a good read.
  • And hopefully, we will have a good discussion on the subject sometime soon.
  • Didn't get to fix the weedeater or weld the chipper/shredder, but did mow the lawn and run the leaf blower.
  • The garlic chicken & zucchini spaghetti sauce I made over the weekend was excellent.
  • Took Sienna for a brisk walk this evening - she walking - me riding my bike (though not dragging her).
  • We cut across the local police department parking lot, where two police cruisers (a sedan and an SUV) with full flashing lights, had an Expedition pulled over (this is a police lot, mind you) and were barking orders at the driver and the passenger.  The driver was out of the vehicle, hands over his head.  The passenger in the vehicle, mouthing off at the officers.
  • We didn't linger there long, though it seemed a strange place to pull over a suspect (given that the lot has an entry 'gate' like a railroad crossing.
  • Can't quite figure out why Jay Leno is so enamored of Wanda Sykes - that woman is just annoying to me.
  • In the '60s or '70s, people timed their LSD use to coincide with the Wizard of Oz, or the Pink Floyd laser light show.
  • I've never used drugs, but per el Chupacabra's advice, I did take my melatonin tablet earlier tonight so I'm not groggy in the morning.  We'll see.
  • I am going to be training some employees from another office.  Can you imagine?  Trusting me to train people?
  • Desperate times/desperate measures, I suppose.
  • On the return bike trip, the cop car flashing lights were off, and the cops had the suspects surrounded.  A woman was standing at a distance, near where we passed.
  • "For real, or training exercise", I asked her.
  • "Explorer Scouts - they practice with the officers every Tuesday night."

No comments: