- Super Tuesday is over! The buffoon didn't win Texas and Oklahoma! Rejoice!
- He did win most of the other contests. Dial the rejoicing down a few notches.
- An article I read this morning says the RNC and DNC party apparatchiks have Mitt and Liz on speed dial in the event of meltdowns in their respective parties. It's been rumored for months that WMR may be suited up and ready to go if called.
- Liz? Yeah, that's a head scratcher - as in Elizabeth Warren. I don't think she needs to sit by the phone.
- Not that I don't think that Bernie and Hilary are disastrous candidates, it's just that Warren is pretty close behind them on the loony train. The safest, and arguably most viable, candidate the Dems could run would be the current VP.
- And in Nekkid News, we have the ongoing story of ESPN reporter Erin Andrews' litigation against a hotel chain alleging negligence in allowing her to be surreptitiously recorded nude. Andrews is certifiably a hot gal, but the fact that she was an unwilling participant in the recording prevented me from joining the reported 17 million who have viewed the illicit images.
- Curiously, the Circus Blogger proffers an Oscar Wilde tinged apologetic for the creeping Tom, almost as tone deaf as Claytie Williams' rape 'joke', suggesting it's all good exposure for her.
- Idiocracy, indeed.
- And in South Carolina, a teacher has resigned after a student picked up her phone, browsed through it, found and shared a partially naked photo the teacher had taken for her husband. The school's administration is blaming the teacher, and it's not known if the 16 year old student will face any repercussions for his actions.
- More idiocracy.
- In today's cultural cesspit, I suppose he - or his lawyer - can assert that he didn't know there was anything wrong in taking another's personal property, rummaging through it, and freely sharing its private contents.
- And his attorney would probably tweet:
I will testify for you, I'm a gun for hire, I'm a saint, I'm a liar
Because there are no facts, there is no truth
Just data to be manipulated
I can get you any result you like
What's it worth to you?
Because there is no wrong, there is no right
And I sleep very well at night
No shame, no solution, no remorse, no retribution
Just people selling t-shirts
Just opportunity to participate in the pathetic little circus
And winning, winning, winning.¹
- Looks like I need to bone up on my Russian, as another seemingly hot Russkie is after me:
- Until last week, I had seen no OC. I have now seen two.
- I saw an older veteran the other day with an "I like Ike" pin on his boonie hat. We could use a guy like that now.
- Maybe tonight I will retire with a snifter of Christian Brothers (hopefully not the same ones who fix cars) brandy and listen to the vintage Limeliters' Tonight: In Person LP recently given to me.
Composed by the Weavers' Lee Hays and Fran Moseley, 1957
Recorded July 29, 1960 at The Ash Grove Club
¹ excerpted from The Garden of Allah - Henley/Lynch