Saturday, February 4, 2012

In case of Zombie[s]

Zombies are all the rage these days.  I am not the SME (subject matter expert) that El Chalupa Cabrito is, but I do know they can be downright pesky and difficult to dispatch.

So, to help matters, the good folks at Guns & Ammo magazine bring you a fine article about Mossberg's latest incarnation of its slide action shotguns, and a lever gun, specifically adapted to help you re-dead the undead.  There's also a top 10 list of the greatest movie shootouts, if you're so inclined.  Since it's shootouts, and not shooting, it doesn't have Tom Selleck's Quigley long-range Sharps shooting (pity!).  And Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid missed the list, too. Although theirs was not quite so much the shootout as ambush. Same can be said for Bonnie & Clyde, I suppose.

Other than a campy movie [Undead or Alive: A Zombedy]  I watched a couple of years ago starring Chris Kattan and James Denton, I don't know much of the history of zombies in the old west.

But, if I'd been in the 1880s, and had trouble with their kind, this is what I'd want:

This could be mine for just $39,500 (wholesale)!

Edit: As per the originals, this one is .45-70 Gov't.  But I'm sure they could knock off a few Gs for a scaled down version in .380 ACP, in case of micro-zombies,  bed-bugs or dust mites, huh?

2 comments:

el chupacabra said...

Hey Don- Undead Or Alive was kinda cute.
That was one SLOW loading slideshow on the shootouts.
I thought for a minute there they were going to leave out The Wild Bunch and Heat just to make me mad.

rsctt603 said...

cool picture..looks like an awesome weapon at the ready!..lol

www.wayfarersquest-rsctt.blogspot.com

www.wayfarersquest.com