Saturday, February 11, 2012

It's the weekend!

It's cold out this morning - you'd think it was February or somethin'!
  • Spent a couple of days in Wichita Falls this week, glad to be home.  While I was there, I was listening to their version of Jack FM - something I rarely do at home - probably because it's the same frequency, Kenneth, as a DFW preset in my car.  Where else can you hear Neil Young - in both folk and grunge modes - mixed in with Danke Shön, Little Miss Can't Be Wrong, dance music, followed by George Strait's The Chair?
  • I don't know if all Jack stations play the same syndicated program - I suspect they do.
  • "And now for a bit of radio Spam..." was the introduction for Take it to the Limit.  Spam?!  Hey, Bucko, what in the memory of Randy Meisner are you suggesting?
  • Just kidding.  Randy Meisner's still alive as far as I know.
  • But speaking of the dead, there are sure a lot of such folks in Wichita Falls - I've never seen so many large cemeteries.  The Zombie Apocalypse could start there.
  • What if God Was One of Us?- another song from Jack's playlist.  Maybe Luke chapter 2 can help answer this.
  • I may needa get me a new ride:
Rollin' wit da Donn Dogg 
  • Consumer Dining Tip #3: China Star Buffet - between Maurine and Old Iowa Park Highway on southbound US 287/I-44, Wichita Falls.
  • The following is for a district Judge race - not sure it that's positive or negative name recognition:
  • At the hotel, I switched between Rick's Restorations (History Channel), watching a segment where they refurbished a War Between the States cannon, and  Discovery's American Guns:

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens Women and guns - a few of my favorite things...
  • Good thing I don't have cable at home - I'd never cook or do laundry.
  • "...just a slob like one of us?" - Another line from Joan Osborne's song. 
  • Well, it might improve my chances to really be holier than thou.  And thou.  And thou.
  • I desperately need a housekeeper.
  • How about some Jimmy Fallon Maple Leaf Rock? 


No, it's the genuine article
  • Don't worry whether we do or don't need him around, just enjoy.
  • Fade to black.

1 comment:

el chupacabra said...

I don't know how they pull it off, but JACK FM(s) rarely fall flat.

When cost is no object that show that builds up the dream guns for customers with more money than sense will build me a dimensionally doubled
M2 machinegun- yes, a 1 inch, 200 pound gun that fires 700 rounds a minute...