- I'm glad to see 2015 gone.
- Was in Mesquite on December 31 at a Harbor Freight and heard, over the store's PA, the following songs: Longfellow Serenade (Neil Diamond), In the Still of the Night (The Five Satins), Higher and Higher (Rita Coolidge). I thought I was in a time warp, until I heard an announcement that it was Mesquite Schools Radio.
- Am considering getting the HF hobby flux-core wire welder. Out of the box, it apparently sucks, but with 2-3 mods to convert it to DC (rectifier/capacitor/choke), it will supposedly make pretty welds. At under $90 at the store, plus about $25 at Tanner Electronics for the hacks, it's not bad.
- On New Year's Eve, I went to bed by 10:00. I'm old enough to know that the new year arrives with - or without - my participation.
- Made chili on NYD, and used black-eyed peas in it. One of my best batches ever. I also made my first pot of coffee in about 6 months (haven't sworn off the stuff, but have been on more of a hot tea kick, only drinking coffee occasionally at church, from the QT or at the folks' house).
- Yesterday, I checked Kohl's to see if there were any good sales. I may have to go back to check out a very stylish Savile Row double-breasted overcoat, if it's still there, sort of a darker version of the one Bogey wore in Casablanca.
- Last night I remembered to tune in to broadcast channel 33 for the Carson (Johnny, not Ben) show. Johnny's guests were: The ubiquitous (and kinda hot back in the day) Joan Embery, Fffoster Brrroooks, and Victor Buono, plus a lady author. This was from the old, 90 minute format show. Good times. I'm looking forward to episodes with Jimmy Stewart, Berle, Hope, Rickles, Newhart, Gobel, Winters, and lots of others. (Update: Looks like I won't be disappointed, as tonight features Carnac, Hope, Rickles, Michael Landon, and Freddie Prinze.)
- Not including the online application and aptitude test, I am four steps into the hiring process for a new job. Tomorrow I'm supposed to pick up a package for a physical exam (step 5).
1 day ago