Thursday, January 8, 2009

Captain, I hate to ask, but...

Comes now this report from the international wires, concerning an Indian (the sub-continent country, not a Piper Navajo) pilot who failed to load sufficient fuel for his flight.





Apparently, passengers are now being requested to inquire of the flight crew whether sufficient fuel is onboard to reach their destination, plus appropriate reserves. I'm sure that'll go over really well.

What I think is funny about the article is the syntax. No wonder I can't get help programming my DVR!

P.S.: What would be the chance of having that airline name in the United States? ("Good afternoon, ladies & gentlemen, this is Capt. Amos Jones. Assisting me today is First Officer Andrew Brown...")

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

On the air traffic control channel, do the Indian pilots acknowledge messages by saying "Raj that"?

David H said...

Since airlines are now charging extra for pillows and blankets, and a crappy meal in a little cardboard box, maybe this will be a new way to regain costs; they can call it a "fuel reminder surcharge"