Sunday, October 16, 2011

Cheers Church - Where No One Stands Alone

I have to pinch myself sometimes. I attend a church where the lead guitarist sang Johnny Cash's Man in Black this morning prior to the sermon, and the pastor played the Cheers theme song as the congregation sang along, following with a snippet from '80s band The Smiths (as you know, I am not of the '80s, so it was unknown to me).

A casual visitor might conclude that this is not a 'serious' Church, or that the pastor is a good entertainer/comedian. Traditional it is not, but the truth is that this Church uses the language of the people to reach them where they are and tell them the Good News.

ALL IN: We Let No One Stand Alone from Keystone Church on Vimeo.

2 comments:

Answers? I don't know the questions. said...

You have a great Church!

an Donalbane said...

I agree - it is awesome. And not really because of this or that creative program they do there - it's that He's alive in the staff and congregation.