Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Don't wax on/wax off

The older I get, the more I get used to the notion that there are a ton of things about which I'm clueless.

I know, you already knew that.

Take the following, for instance - Eyebrow Threading:


So, what the heck is eyebrow threading?  Turns out it's an alternative, used mostly in Indian and Asian cultures, using a fine cotton thread, to tweezing and waxing to remove unwanted hirsuteness.  (I think Todd the Blogger had this done to his entire head.)  The link was where I googled it to save you the effort - I suppose since I have the MetroPCS phone service, I could've just called my buds Chad and Ranjit to ask them.  I wonder if those dudes would help me curry favor with some up-and-coming Bollywood beauties?

Apparently there's a similar procedure, using high tensile strength aircraft grade wire rope, to help Italian women remove their moustaches.

No comments: