Saturday, February 14, 2009

Crazy Love

For a couple of weeks, there've been billboards near my town, "Brandon forgive me" and "Susan forgive me" promoting a series at a non-denominational church titled "Crazy Love" (not the 1978 Poco song). It debuted tonight.

As I've already established via this forum that I have no spousal unit, it may sound strange that I'd be attending a seminar on love. But, my thinking is that maybe during my time in the wilderness, so to speak, I can pick up a few nuggets of wisdom that might prove useful if I take another stroll down the aisle sometime.

This weekend's installment dealt with the book of Solomon. It turns out Brandon and Susan are the pastor and his wife. Sure enough, I learned a few things, possibly even some insights (too late, of course) into things I could've done better with my wife. I think I'll attend the remaining three installments.

And be better equipped next time.

3 comments:

David H said...

I'm no expert since my first crack at matrimony lasted 13 yrs, then failed. However, after an 8 yr hiatus, I'm on my second try and it is going very well. I did find some excellent guidelines from what is now a pretty old source; the Mars/Venus series from John Grey. I recommend it if you've not read it.

Kathleen... said...

So THAT'S what those signs mean? Finally....thank you!!

an Donalbane said...

Obi, the Church-In-the-Former-Furniture-Store had very good follow-up. They called today and asked if I was treated well (yes) and if I had any prayer requests. Very nice folks. Also sent me an email.

Their service is a bit more contempo than I'm used to (in my mainstream denomination), but this series appeals to me, so I think I'll stick with it for a few weeks.