Sunday, February 22, 2009

Getting Old, Part I

The other day I was in Kohl's, scanning the men's clearance racks for some new dress shirts for the boys. I had checked out three or four of them when I moved to a new area that was kind of narrow between the racks, and was working my way from one end to the other.

Just then I noticed a tall fellow moving toward me down the same aisle, at about three feet and closing in. I'm not into men, but he was not bad looking, and I was wondering why he seemed intent on invading my space in the narrow passage.

At about two feet, I was just about to raise my hands to keep from being bumped over, when I realized he was wearing the exact same denim shirt, roper boots, and jeans as I was.

Yeah, I'd just been startled by my own reflection in one of those mirrored support columns. Sheesh!

6 comments:

David H said...

LOL, I like the part where you say he's "not bad looking"... that sounds like something I would do...

todd said...

Now you're old and gay!

todd said...

And vain.

an Donalbane said...

Vain would be if I had intended to look in the mirror.

I didn't.

an Donalbane said...

And aren't you supposed to be in class, anyway...?

todd said...

Vanity is admiring what you see in the mirror and, yes, I was in class. I'll call you when I have no class! Hey!