Saturday, February 14, 2009

Don't Judge a Book?

I was on my way to a church series this evening (the subject of my next post) when a Saturn CUV passed me, its back door plastered with multiple bumper stickers, most of which I couldn't read. I did, however, see a little yellow "=" on a blue background.

"I can see where this is going", I thought.

At the next stop light, the Saturn was in front of me, and I could read all the messages: "Hate Is Not A Family Value" (OK, no surprise, based on the "="), "Something Wiccan this way comes". A couple of others were unremarkable.

Finally, the last one reminded me of an SAT test question: Pick the one that doesn't fit. It was a political bumper sticker, "So-and-so for Congress, Republican". Huh? I say 'so-and-so' because it wasn't a name I recognized from the districts around the Metroplex. So, I guess I was a bit surprised - on a vehicle driven by a gay witch - I didn't expect to see a Republican message amongst the others.

Maybe that's the 'Log Cabin' group?

No comments: